It is my hope that everyone who visits here with a question about animals finds everything they are looking for. If you have a specific question, please feel free to post it and I will address it - every chance I get, I'll be adding a ton of information to help pet parents everywhere. And don't forget...spay or neuter your pet!
All About Marie
- Dr. Marie Hulett
- Animal Files columnist of the Orange County Register from 1992-2016; Emmy Award winning producer of Educational Television Programming; Host of "The Pet Place Radio Show" heard world-wide at www.blogtalkradio.com/petplace; click the player below to listen. Producer/Director/Editor/Co-host of "The Pet Place TV Show" during the 19 years it ran on KDOC TV in Los Angeles and Orange Counties; Wife, Mother of five kids, Grandmother of two baby boys and one baby girl, and pet parent of two cats, one dog, many fish, and a cockatoo.
Listen To The Pet Place Radio Show with Marie Hulett
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Giving a Cat a Pill...
Every now and then, I get very funny messages faxed, e-mailed, Facebook messaged, or mailed to me. I’d like to share this one with you because anyone who has owned a cat can relate to this humor! It's an oldie but a goodie and even though I've read it before, it still makes me laugh. This was sent in by Kandi who reads my column via the Internet. The title of this little gem is called, “Giving your Cat a Pill- A Step by Step Guide” (Of course, this is just meant as entertainment! Do not use these pill-giving methods for your cats!!!)
1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while placing wooden tongue depressor into mouth. Drop in pill and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered ceramic figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, open mouth with pencil and blow pill down drinking straw.
9) Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink a glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and gently use door to wedge cat's neck, leaving head showing. Open mouth with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to
cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot.
12) Ring fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.
13) Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small wedge. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15) Kick yourself for not adopting a hamster!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment